Yearning to be young again
Q&A with Kirsty Curtis
Occupation: Police officer
Age: Too old!
Marital status: Married
Children: One strapping young man and two beautiful dancing princesses.
1. What is one thing you would like to change about the world?
Inequality due to age, gender, race or religion.
2. What is your greatest accomplishment in life?
3. If you were prime minister/ruler of the world what laws would you make?
Harsher penalties for criminals.
4. What is the best advice you have ever received?
If you’ve done something wrong, admit it, fix it, move on.
5. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? And why?
21 – Keen to give it all a go!
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Fishing or reading.
7. What is your best childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Camping at Christmas with family.
8. What is the best sound in the world to you?
Rain on the roof – lots of rain on the roof!
9. If you could be transported back in time, where and when would you like to be?
The ’80s – to be a child again without the technology.
10. Who are the three people you most admire, dead or living?
My grandmother – always there with honest, no nonsense advice; my mother – so strong and dependable and whom I can only hope to be compared to.