ANOTHER food-poisoning death has been linked to an iconic Australian cheese company.
The Victorian health department confirmed on Sunday a 68-year-old man who died from listeriosis in January had eaten a contaminated product from the Jindi's Gippsland factory.
A bacteria outbreak in batches of camembert and brie had already been linked two other deaths and a miscarriage and is believed to be responsible for more than 20 cases of listeriosis.
According to Better Health, Listeria bacteria are most likely to infect cheese, raw vegetables, deli meats and some seafood.
Infection is particularly dangerous for pregnant women, people with immune deficiencies and the elderly.
Early symptoms include fever, headache, tiredness, aches and pains.
Jindi, which also produces cheeses for the Coles and Wattle Valley brands, has voluntarily recalled all products manufactured before January 6.
Cheese dated within the affected period should be thrown out or returned to the supermarket for a refund.
For more information phone 1800 680 175.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.