‘Petrol on flame’ leads to serious burns

A MAN is in hospital after sustaining serious burns at a residence at Bli Bli, north of Mooloolaba.

The man was believed to have received the injuries after throwing petrol on an open flame.

Paramedics were called to a private residence about 3.20pm and took the 37-year-old under lights and sirens to Sunshine Coast University Hospital.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the man was in a serious condition.


Jambin public toilets closed for maintenance

Jambin public toilets closed for maintenance

A new epoxy floor coating is applied by local contractors

Shire holds stray donkeys

Shire holds stray donkeys

Animals may go to auction

Sky News projects LNP to retain seat of Flynn

Sky News projects LNP to retain seat of Flynn

Beers had suffered a massive swing as counting continues in Flynn