Menu
News

Elderly couple's roof catches on fire at Moura

TWO FIRE trucks and an ambulance are at the scene of a house fire at Kianga.

It has been confirmed the fire originated from the home's stove.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokeswoman said no patients have yet been assessed.

5.15pm: FIREYS have arrived at a home on fire near Moura and are currently working to extinguish the flames.

5pm: FIRE and emergency crews are en route to a house fire at Kianga.

Initial reports of the roof of a home on Theodore Moura Rd on fire came in at 4.37pm.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said new reports, however, suggest the fire came from a stove inside the residence located near Moura.

It is still unknown whether anyone is inside the home, but it has been confirmed the residents are an elderly couple.

Updates to follow.

Topics:  breaking news fire gladstone region moura qfes


Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Plates help Stretch show off his true passion

STANDING OUT: Trevor (Stretch) Douglas is one of many Rockhampton region residents who have personalised their cars with unique numberplates.

Driving the need to be different with personalised plates

Coloured rocks latest craze to hook Biloela kids

Lake Molloy, Sam Barron, Harper Molloy and Tye Barron with the hidden treasures they found.

Hunting and hiding rocks keeps children busy over holidays

Biloela Prep class filled with four sets of twins

DOUBLE THE FUN: Twins Ronnan and Indi, Lachlan and Lily, Charlee and Oliver and Xander and Noah.

Different hair cuts and coloured shoe laces help identify twins

Local Partners