A YEPPOON teenager bashed within an inch of his life had been banned from Capricorn Coast licensed premises for a year.
Bradley Carter, 19, who came out of a week-long coma a few days ago, is among 43 people served with exclusion notices by police following measures put in place by the Capricorn Coast Liquor Accord.
Of the 43 people under exclusion, six are banned from all participating licensed premised on the Capricorn Coast for life.
Capricorn Coast Liquor Accord yesterday confirmed Bradley was one of two people banned from all pubs at the coast for a year.
Police previously believed Bradley had been drinking at The Strand Hotel before he was attacked in the early hours of September 5, but now say CCTV footage shows he was in the vicinity, but not actually inside the venue.
He was found unconscious in Barry Street about 3am.
New measures were introduced last month by the Capricorn Coast Liquor Accord, which mean anyone banned from one venue would be banned from all licensed premises on the coast from that date.
Yeppoon Police Station officer-in-charge Senior Sergeant Robert Barclay yesterday said the initiative had so far seen positive results, despite eight people (including Mr Carter) being served with total exclusion notices since its introduction.
“There has been a positive response,” Senior Sergeant Barclay said.
“Now (licensed premises) are united, they can speak as one group and combine their effort to try to rule out violence at licensed premises.
“We want to make hotels a safe place to be.”
Anyone involved in a fight, being abusive towards staff or generally displaying bad behaviour can be served with an exclusion notice.
Once they sign that notice, they face trespass charges if they return to any of the licensed premises on the Capricorn Coast.
“I think people have started to realise that one punch or one wrong decision means they will be excluded from all licensed premises for at least a year.”
Senior Sergeant Barclay said the liquor accord group was hopeful the new Capricorn Tavern at Taranganba would also come on board with the initiative when it opened later this year.
Of those now serving bans, five are banned for life from the Strand Hotel only, five from the Pacific Hotel, one from the Railway Hotel and one person from the Pine Beach Hotel in Emu Park.
Nine others have been banned from various Capricorn Coast premises for a year, 13 for six months and one for three months.
Earlier this week Mayor Brad Carter said he feared some licensees were breaching their licences by continuing to serve intoxicated customers.
Central region crime co-ordinator Detective Inspective Jon Wacker said investigations into the attack were continuing, with police still to interview Bradley.
Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or Yeppoon Police.
Meanwhile, Amii Landahl, one of the women who has started a petition calling for more police at Yeppoon to tackle the violence, said she'd been overwhelmed by the response.
Ms Landahl said hundreds of people had already signed the petition.
The Morning Bulletin approached Mr Carter's family Thursday, but they declined to comment.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.