NIGERIA'S President Goodluck Jonathan has told Sky News Australia he was totally committed to finding the 223 kidnapped girls who were taken by Boko Haram from a school last month.
Boko Haram kidnapped the girls on April 14 angering the international community.
Mr Jonathan, speaking at an international summit in Paris at the weekend, said Nigeria and its neighbours had agreed on an action plan to fight the rebels.
He said the Islamist militant group was no longer a local terror threat, but has become West Africa's Al-Qaeda.
"We have shown our commitment for a regional approach," he said.
"Without West African countries coming together we will not be able to crush these terrorists."
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.