Find something curious…
This position is based at picturesque Richmond, situated 500km west of Townsville on the banks of the Flinders River. The Shire of Richmond is approximately 26,000 square kilometres in the heart of Queensland. Richmond is a hive of activity during tourist season (April to October), and there are numerous weekend activities from sporting meets to dance balls to dinosaur fossil digs. A large recreational lake is used for water sports while the numerous park areas provide cool grassy spots to rest awhile. The surrounding region has all the beauty and dramatic landscapes of the outback.
The Position: Richmond Shire Council is seeking the services of a Qualified Plumber to contribute to the achievement of the Works and Services objectives by effectively and efficiently carrying out reticulation maintenance and construction activities.
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge and skills:
• Plumber and Drainer Licence
• Drivers Licence current C Class Manual
• National White Card or Queensland Blue Workplace Health & Safety Construction Industry.
• Confined Spaces
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
• Interpersonal & communication skills to deal effectively with customers
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
• The ability to work well as part of a team but also with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to follow directions
• Experience in working in a hands on labouring environment
• Ability to use tools in a safe manner
• Ability to develop knowledge of a water reticulation system & sewerage system Desirable
• Confined Spaces with BA
• Backhoe operator licence
• Bobcat operator licence
• First Aid & CPR
• Authorised Persons
• Previous experience working for Local Government Council housing available.
Council will offer a base wage in accordance with the Queensland Local Government Industry Award – State 2017 and an over award payment based on qualifications and experience. After the successful completion of the probationary period (3 months), Council’s 6% performance bonus will also apply. This is in accordance with the Richmond Shire Council – Certified Agreement 2018.
Further Information: For further information on this position or information about Richmond please contact Michelle Anstis, Payroll & HR Officer on telephone (07) 4719 ... or email email@example.com or visit Council’s website www.richmond.qld.gov.au
Closing Date:Open until filled.